Thursday 25 July 2013

Sitting Room sorted

I think I have finally got the sitting room sorted to my satisfaction. I moved the bed that won't go up to the second floor this morning (into the kitchen - via the outside of the house) and adjusted the 'French' doors - they caught the tiles when they opened but the internet had information on how to adjust them.

The picture on the wall is an enlargement of a picture taken by the Ministry of Information of my Aunt (Daphne March - later Daphne St Joseph) stowing the cabin strings on her working boat Heather Bell at Tipton in the West Midlands on 28-April-1941 for an article in 'Illustrated' magazine to show the effort the women were putting into the war.

I am so pleased to have got one room to my satisfaction - seems the easy way to do it (for the benefit of my friend Rodney) is to make trips to the dump!

No comments:

Post a Comment